Make your omelette a little special by adding some cheese! You can turn this recipe into ‘pizza cheese omelette’ by putting egg+cheese on bread before moving it to the oven in Step 3. If you want to cut fat and increase protein, replace eggs with egg whites and add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder for that nice yellow colour without the fat from yolks.
- Eggs – 2
- Red Onion (medium, chopped) – 1
- Tomato (large, chopped) – 1
- Green Bell Pepper (chopped) – 1/2
- Spinach (coarsely chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilli, chopped (optional) – 1/4 or to taste
- Smoked Paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Sea Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Mixed Herbs – 1/4 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Cheddar Cheese (low fat, grated) – 30g
- Coriander, chopped (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper (optional) – 1/4 tsp
Heat the oil in an oven-safe frying pan. Add onion, tomato, bell pepper, green chilli, salt, smoked paprika, and mixed herbs. Fry until light brown.
Beat the eggs and add to the frying pan, along with coriander and spinach. Fry for 1 minute while stirring, and then sprinkle cheese on top of the egg mix.
Put the pan in a pre-heated oven on the top shelf, and turn on the broiler. Let it cook for 2-5 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown (peek into the oven to check).
Garnish with coriander and sprinkle some black pepper. Serve with warm bread. Enjoy!